the latest project is an introductory workshop in Dublin, Ireland.
by cutting its traumatic roots
an introductory half-day workshop
for sufferers, supporters, professionals, families & all
Saturday, 6th July 2013, 1-5pm
The Bewleys Hotel, Leopardstown, Dublin 18
20 minutes by the Luas from St. Stephens Green
Dr Bob Johnson
expert in trauma treatment
& Derry, 8 psychotic breaks in 23 years – never ever again
Psychosis is terrifying – ignorance of what’s wrong perpetuates the suffering. Video analysis (& chat) shows where the terror comes from, and how to stop it. The healthy parts of the mind are used to remedy the bits which don’t work – optimism, hope and delight are restored, because 100% cure becomes possible.
register at email@example.com
€10 unwaged, €20 waged, €50 institutions. €0- a few
TO CURE PSYCHOSES –
- 1. look in the right place
- 2. the sufferer works hardest
- 3. help find the sufferer’s software bug
- 4. use only Truth, Trust and Consent = Healing Hand Of Kindness Plus Insight.
- 5. learn and then know 100%, there’s a 100% cure
- 6. never ever, ever, ever give up
‘PSYCHOSIS’ here covers all psychotic symptoms, including all varieties of psychoses, ‘schizophrenias’, all ‘depressions’ manic or otherwise, bipolar, BPD, PD, ADHDs, anorexias, irrationalities, what have you – all are really variants of PTSD.
- 1. look in the right place – not in the brain chemicals, but in the memories – somewhere in there is a ‘false belief’, a toxic factoid, along the lines that “I need Dad/Mum to survive”. I.e. look for infantism – the transfer into adult life of infant survival strategies. It’s a ‘bottled up’ disorder – needs unbottling. Ditch the DSM.
- 2. the sufferer works hardest – what we’re asking for is that the sufferer swap their very foundation stones – their very mental security – hard work, requiring buckets of reliability and trustworthiness.
- 3. find what the sufferer can’t – their software bug – the sufferer has needed these factoids to survive, so cannot evaluate them sufficiently, unsupported, to adapt to adulthood. Persuasion is the only remedy – risk of re-traumatisation is always high.
- use only Truth, Trust and Consent – this is just the Healing Hand Of Kindness Plus Insight. Consent is the key – you cannot change them, they change themselves, only with your benign assistance.
- 5. learn and then know 100%, there’s a 100% cure – the conviction you carry on your part is half the battle – don’t do it, if you don’t believe it, but work at it, learn it all, so that you do .
- never ever, ever, ever give up – watching human beings blossom beats anything else on offer in this unfathomable world – so stick with it – we are all born with the right to mental health – never doubt it.
www.DrBobJohnson.org Saturday, 18 May 2013-
This website is being re-constructed – please bear with us for a while.
I’ve recently revived my interest in medical computing.
I participated in a debate at the Hay-on-Wye festival, as follows.
My response was as follows =
“The Psychiatric Emperor has no clothes, s/he dumped them in 1978, but who dares tell the doctor s/he’s mistaken?”
An Open Manifesto For Reforming Psychiatry
1. A healthy mind is standard issue – we expect every child, first to walk, then to talk – the one needs healthy legs, the other a healthy mind – QED.
2. Intent is vital both for Sanity and for The Law – but intent (and its cousin ‘consent’) have been arbitrarily and indeed intentionally anathematised by psychiatrists since 1978 (DSM-III).
3. Dopamine doesn’t cause psychosis . So ‘anti-psychotic’ drugs are really just ‘anti- dopamines’. Are they being mis-sold? Is re-labelling them required, legally? Detoxification needs careful timing.
4. Brains shrunk by 10% . Giving anti-dopamines is like giving anti-insulin – they cannot avoid damaging all brain tissue, an irresponsible medical practice. (Recoveries happen).
5. Dopamines disable recovery – which a long term 15-year study  (& others) proves. Dismal outlook, unacceptable nerve tissue damage – the medical case against anti-dopamines is irrefutable.
6. All psychiatric drugs work by ‘intoxication’  – none (including Ritalin) is better than alcohol. We all need calming down from time to time – let’s admit it, and handle transparently and responsibly.
7. Doctors are addicted to giving drugs – time to wean them. Ignoring robust and repeatable medical evidence is unethical. I wonder which nation will be the first to haul its doctors back to legality.
8. Trauma festers – a child reacts by ‘not-thinking’, by cognitive fog, by ‘irrationality’, which persists. The remedy is first to say, and then believe: “I had a lousy childhood, but it doesn’t matter now.”
9. Every psychosis is ‘bottled rage from bottled pain’ – unbottle both using the Healing Hand Of Kindness , plus insight. Sanity is sorting out a pain-free pathway for intent.
10. Our one and only evolutionary advantage as bipeds – would be if we were all born ‘Lovable, Sociable and Non-Violent’ – are we? Can ‘Truth, Trust and Consent’ stop us becoming extinct? 
Refs:Moncrieff, Harv Rev Psychiatry 2009,17:214-225; Jackson. ISBN 978-1438972312; Harrow. J Nerv Ment Dis 2007;195: 406–414;Moncrieff ISBN 978-0230574328 p 244;Whitaker ISBN 978-0465020140;Johnson ISBN 978-0955198502
Dr Bob Johnson Consultant Psychiatrist www.DrBobJohnson.org
Wednesday, 9 May 2012
Psychiatry since 1980 has lost its way. For 40 years it has been marching resolutely in the wrong direction, leaving the comforting shores of Therapeutic Communities, in which I was thankfully trained, for the wilder reaches of an imaginary micro-neurological mire.
Sadly, the James Nayler Foundation which was founded in 1997, has run into funding problems – our workload exceeded the capacities of our unpaid staff, so this Charity is currently in the process of closing.
HOWEVER, we still hope to be able to keep the same spirit alive, by running workshops, establishing training programmes, and helping sufferers from emotional distress in the best wasy we can manage. Our aim still is to establish ‘fear free zones’ where emotional distress melts away.
I’m on Twitter => http://twitter.com/BobTrustConsent
VIDEO restored on http://tinyurl.com/PDvid
VIDEO also at http://vimeo.com/4960044